There are many ways in which you can make a beautiful chakra bracelet, encompassing the 7 colors, one for each chakra. From stretchy beaded bracelets to charm bracelets and beyond – chakra jewelry in general has definitely gained popularity in recent times.
Here, we’re going to show you how you can make your very own chakra bracelet which you can wear every day to help align your chakras.
What are the Chakras?
The 7 chakras are the centers of your spiritual body which happen to be present inside of your current, physical body. Each is associated with its own color and activating each one can mean focusing on specific areas of your body:
- Crown Chakra – Violet/Gold/Clear – at the top your head
- Third Eye Chakra – Indigo – on your brow
- Throat Chakra – Blue – on your throat
- Heart Chakra – Green/Pink – at the center of your chest
- Solar Plexus Chakra – Yellow – over your solar plexus (just under your ribs)
- Sacral Chakra – Orange – on your lower abdomen
- Base Chakra – Red/Brown/Black – at the base of your spine
Of course, there are crystals associated with each of the chakras, meaning you can choose to use semi-precious stone beads to create your chakra bracelet. Here are some of the associations (certain chakra crystals may cross over depending on the source of your information):
- Crown Chakra – Clear Quartz, Amethyst, Selenite
- Third Eye Chakra – Amethyst, Fluorite, Charoite
- Throat Chakra – Lapis Lazuli, Blue Lace Agate, Sodalite
- Heart Chakra – Watermelon Tourmaline, Rose Quartz, Rhodonite
- Solar Plexus Chakra – Golden Topaz, Citrine, Golden Calcite
- Sacral Chakra – Citrine, Amber, Carnelian
- Base Chakra – Hematite, Red Jasper, Bloodstone
These are just a few of the associated gemstones, so if you have other crystal beads, you can check online to see which is best for each chakra. If you’re not using gemstone beads, then just make sure you have a bead for each of the colors of the rainbow!
Now, let’s get into the DIY and make our gorgeous chakra bracelets. Here’s a list of the things you will need to make this bracelet:
- Chakra beads of choice – (preferably no larger than 8 mm)
- A relatively long head pin or sturdy wire
- Fastening of choice (probably a lobster claw clasp)
- Jump rings
- Chain cutters (strong wire cutters will do)
- Round nosed pliers
Thread your 7 colored beads onto the head pin in rainbow/chakra order and make a loop at the end of the wire. Cut the flat head off your head pin and make another loop at this end – up close to the beads so they don’t move about too much. Curve the wire slightly so it sits neatly on your wrist.
Lay the beads on the top of your wrist to gauge how much chain you are going to need either side. Cut your chain to length – you will need 2 equal lengths to reach the underside of your wrist, but leave a gap for the fastening, or you’ll end up with a massive bracelet. Remember, you can always add an extender chain if you have made your bracelet too small.
Attach your chain to either side of the beaded post either with jump rings, or directly onto the loops you made.
Use jump rings to attach your clasp to the end of one chain and a single jump ring (or extender chain) to the other. Now you have your beautiful chakra bracelet!
The great thing about this design is that it is totally personalizable – you could use shaped beads for a quirky look or keep things delicate and use 2/3/4 mm beads and a really fine chain. The options are endless!
Here’s another quick idea for a different design:
Use rosary style beading where each bead is on its own separate post with loops either side and if you need chain either side, attach it in the same way as above. You may not need chain if you have used larger beads for this design.
Did you like this post? Please Share it on social media!