Where applicable, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your Personal Information, as well as the consequences of failing to do so. If you do not provide Personal Information when requested, you may not be able to benefit from our Service if that information is necessary to provide you with the service or if we are legally required to collect it.
Registration. If you desire to have access to certain restricted sections of the Site or request to receive marketing materials, you may be required to become a registered user, and to submit the following types of Personal Information to Golden Age Beads: your name, email address, phone and fax number, password, billing and shipping address, and user name.
Customer Support. We may collect information through your communications with our customer support team or other communications that you may send us and their contents.
Making a Purchase. When you place an order or send a payment through the Service, you will need to provide Personal Information such as your credit card number, billing and shipping address, your full name, email address and a phone number.
Social Media and Third-Party Services. We may collect your username, account ids, social handle, timezones, and email address when you use social media accounts and third-party services such as Disqus in order to access or use certain sections of the Site.
Log Data. When you use our Service, our servers
automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you
visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such
as your IP address, browser type or the domain from which you are
visiting, the pages you visit, the files you access, the search terms you use, and any
advertisements on which you click.
Other. We may also collect your contact details when you provide them in the context of our vendor and partner relationships.
Like many websites, we use "cookie" technology to collect additional website usage data and to improve the Site. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer's hard disk. A session cookie enables certain features of the Site and our service and is deleted from your computer when you disconnect from or leave the Site. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. Golden Age Beads may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with the Site, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on the Site, and to improve the Site.
We may also automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This automatically collected information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the Site, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Site. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Site, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Site to their fullest potential.
We may use the Personal Information we obtain about you to:
- create and manage your account, provide our Service, process payments, and respond to your inquiries;
- manage account authentication
- communicate with you to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, or system maintenance, including by periodically emailing you service-related announcements;
- publish your content, comments or messages on social media platforms;
- provide tailored advertising via Google AdWords;
- aggregate your Personal Information for analytical purposes;
- provide customer support;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (including by developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our advertising; analyzing how the Service is being accessed and used; tracking performance of the Service; debugging the Service; facilitating the use of our Service);
- send you marketing communications about products, services, offers, programs and promotions of Golden Age Beads and affiliated companies;
- ensure the security of our Service;
- manage our customer, service provider and partner relationships;
- enforce our agreements related to our Service and our other legal rights; and
- comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies.
If you are located in the European Economic Area, we may process your Personal Information for the above purposes when:
- you have consented to the use of your Personal Information, For example, we may seek to obtain your consent for our uses of cookies or similar technologies, or to send you marketing communications.
- we need your Personal Information to provide you with services and products requested by you, or to respond to your inquiries,
- we have a legal obligation to use your Personal Information, or
- we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information to ensure and improve the safety, security, and performance of our Service, to anonymize Personal Information and carry out data analyses.
We may disclose the Personal Information we collect about you as described below or otherwise disclosed to you at the time the data is collected, including with:
We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us. We may share your Personal Information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these functions and provide such services. We also require these third parties to maintain the privacy and security of the Personal Information they process on our behalf.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
Golden Age Beads cooperates with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. To the extent permitted under applicable law, we may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we believe is necessary or appropriate to investigate, respond to, and defend against claims, for legal process (including subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Golden Age Beads or a third party, to protect against liability, for the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, fraudulent, abusive, or legally actionable activity, to protect the security or integrity of the Service and any equipment used to make the Service available, or to comply with the law.
Other Third Parties
Golden Age Beads is concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your Personal Information. We employ administrative and electronic measures designed to appropriately protect your Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unlawful form of processing of the Personal Information in our possession. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot guarantee that information about you will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our administrative, physical, and electronic safeguards, subject to requirements under applicable law to ensure or warrant information security.
We will make any legally-required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored Personal Information to you via email or conspicuous posting on our Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system , and any other disclosures that may be required under applicable law.
Unless subject to an exemption, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
1. The right to request a copy of your personal data which we hold about you;
2. The right to request for any correction to any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
3. The right to request your personal data being deleted when it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data;
4. The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
5. The right to object to the processing of personal data;
6. The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
7. The right to obtain information as to whether personal data are transferred to a third country or to an international organization.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such marketing communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications. You may also opt out from receiving commercial email from us by sending your request to us by email at [email protected]. Please be aware that, even after you opt out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Service.
In certain jurisdictions you have the right to request access and receive information about the Personal Information we maintain about you, to update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, to restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Information, to have the information blocked, anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or to exercise your right to data portability to transfer your Personal Information to another company. Those rights may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. In addition to the above-mentioned rights, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority subject to applicable law.
Where required by law, we obtain your consent for the processing of certain Personal Information collected by cookies or similar technologies, or used to send you direct marketing communications, or when we carry out other processing activities for which consent may be required. If we rely on consent for the processing of your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw it at any time and free of charge. When you do so, this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent withdrawal.
To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists, delete your account or submit a request to exercise your rights under applicable law, please contact us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Under California Law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship, (a) a list of the categories of Personal Information, such as name, email, and mailing address, and the type of services provided to the customer that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third-parties’ direct marketing purposes, and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please contact us.
The Site is not directed to persons under 16. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at [email protected]. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 16. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
Golden Age Beads
4301 21st street ste 104
Long Island City, NY 11101